Help me reach my goal for the Michigan Breast Cancer 3-Day!

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Why?

Someone invariably asks me why I do the Breast Cancer 3-Day every year. After all, I don't have any family with breast cancer and very few friends have had it either. I think that's beside the point. Why wouldn't I help raise money and awareness for breast cancer? EVERYONE has breasts (yes, men have to worry about it too). The 3-Day has become a very special event for me. Now that I participate, I have many friends who are survivors or are fighting at this very moment. And even if I didn't know a single person who had been affected in some way by breast cancer, wouldn't it be enough to want to do something positive? Wouldn't it be enough to want to contribute to something larger than one's self? Wouldn't it be enough to want to be a part of something so optimistic in our highly cynical world? I think it is and that is why I participate in the Breast Cancer 3-Day.

0 comments: