Help me reach my goal for the Michigan Breast Cancer 3-Day!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Cleveland '08- Day 1

This year I chose to participate in two events. I didn't want to have to choose between walking and serving as a crew captain, so I decided to do both! I picked Cleveland for my second event for a couple reasons: 1) it's close to Detroit and 2) I knew lots of my Michigan friends would also be heading down there.



The morning of opening ceremonies starts early. Walkers report by 6am (crew has to be there at 4:30am, so no complaining here!). After a group stretch and a beautiful ceremony we made our way out of Thistledown Racetrack. Since I'm not from the area I don't know much about the places we walked through (except that there were alot of "Heights") but we really got to see some beautiful neighborhoods.

This blog really isn't intended to be a comprehensive report of every detail, so I'll keep it simple. I really enjoyed Day 1 of the Cleveland event. I got to see just about all of my Michigan peeps that were crewing and I made every last inch, which is an accomplishment I'm quite proud of.

0 comments: